I think I’ve mentioned around here somewhere that I have trouble making myself finish books outside of a particular genre. And yet, when I make myself stick with them, there are so many stories I’ve loved outside of my reading comfort zone. I have it in my head that when my daughter starts sitting still for longer stories or starts reading on her own, that I’ll be able to find some discipline and share some of these books with her. So a list of 13 of the books or series on my shelves right now that I want to read with my little girl.
|Thirteen Things about books I can’t wait for B to read
Some I’ve started and have yet to finish:
1. L. Frank Baum’s Oz books
2. JK Rowling’s Harry Potter series
3. Susan Cooper’s Dark Is Rising Sequence
4. Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events
5. Eoin Colfer’s Artemis Fowl books
6. Arabian Nights
7. Kipling’s The Jungle Book
Some I’ve yet to even start:
8. JM Barrie’s Peter Pan
9. Michael Ende’s The Neverending Story
Some I look forward to rereading:
10. Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women
11. Madeleine L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time series
12. Frances Hodgson Burnett’s The Secret Garden
13. Johanna Spyri’s Heidi
Have more favorites?
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Don’t forget to click here and leave you name with Mr. Linky
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants